We have just released Slick 2.1.0-M2, the second milestone for Slick 2.1. It should show up on Maven Central within the next few hours. You can find the source code here: https://github.com/slick/slick/tree/2.1.0-M2. Builds are available for Scala 2.10 (2.10.4 recommended) and 2.11.
These are the major new features in this miletone:
- Insert-or-update support which makes use of native databases features where possible, falling back to a client-side emulation otherwise.
- Parameters for
dropcalls (required for pagination) can now be used in precompiled queries.
- Official support for Scala 2.11 releases.
- Configure database connections through Typesafe Config, in a format which is compatible with Play’s database configuration (but no support for connection pools yet).
- New documentation in the user manual, including a chapter for migrating from SQL to Slick.
- TestKit is more flexible and easier to use. You can now use it to test your own extensions for Slick against the standard databases supported by Slick. Less configuration is required due to the use of Typesafe Config with sensible defaults.
- We don’t use sample projects like
slick-examplesanymore. All samples come in the form of Activator templates with an integrated tutorial. They are tied to a Slick major version but evolve separately from minor releases.
Note that this is not a production-ready or beta release. In particular, the manual has not yet been updated to reflect all the changes and new features (but there are unit tests and scaladoc comments for them). The Slick Extensions package has been published along with this milestone release. Please provide feedback on the stability and API of this milestone release if you encounter any problems.
Here is a complete list of changes since 2.1.0-M1
d74adb5Fix docs TOC depth
b937743Update Scala version to 2.11.1
60e7e89User uppercase identifiers in InsertTest.testInsertOrUpdateAutoInc.
c823c59More flexibility for TestKit
17c298fUse Typesafe Config for database configurations
542e642Improve from SQL to Slick documentation, add operators comparison
03a3eb4Various documentation improvements for 2.1
76efe03Add from SQL to Slick documentation
d1d6a91Fix the build failure from merging tmp/issue-742 & tmp/insert-or-update
bde4ad2OSGi bundle improvements:
d2ac664Restrict Shape.provenShape to only allow unpacked types in ProvenShape.
5234454Fix some bugs in comprehension fusion.
dd15e41Support Unit values in Query return types.
cfee5bbRevert the hconsShape workaround.
f91370fEnforce maxRows in PositionedResultIterator.
be2ff65Prevent some initialization order problems
4fa915cAdd insertOrUpdate to InsertInvoker.
27ba43dMore improvements for Inserts.
0b77999Allow non-literal constant values for Query.take and Query.drop
21f85e9Do not escape columns named tag in generated code
889dae9Don’t patch type changes from OptionApply in hoistClientOps.