Back in 2008 I started working on ScalaQuery. Several other people contributed code but I was the only committer and decision-maker. In 2011 Typesafe adopted the ScalaQuery codebase for Slick and Christopher Vogt (working at EPFL at the time) became the second committer.
The number of 3rd-party contributors has increased quite a bit since then, and both Chris and I are only working part-time on Slick these days. To ensure the continuing success of the project we have invited a group of people from the Slick community to join us as maintainers, and set up an official community process to make it easier for others to contribute to Slick. Since we operate under the same conditions as Play and the Play team has had good results with their community process, it was a natural choice to do the same for Slick.
In addition to Chris and myself, the initial maintainers of Slick under the new process are:
- Ashutosh Agarwal who worked on Slick as part of last year’s Google Summer of Code
- Pawel Batko of VirtusLab, maintainers of Unicorn and other Slick-based libraries
- Sue Carter, maintainer of the FreeSlick suite of drivers
- Richard Dallaway, author of Essential Slick
- Minglei Tu, creator of the Slick extensions for PostgreSQL